Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ryker is 4

I've done the birth story before, I won't make you all relive it. But my sweet boy is 4 years old today.

He looks so GROWN to me all the sudden. He's been getting so much taller the last few months, and losing the baby-chubbiness.

Here's a rundown of this moment in Rykerdom, for posterity's sake.

He's the sweetest thing - loves giving hugs and kisses, tells me often that I look beautiful as I'm getting ready in the morning, and genuinely worries about his big brother. He STILL cries when he thinks Jack is getting in trouble or is upset about something.

He's also hilarious. He loves cracking people up - making funny faces and dancing all around, even in public. He's a complete ham and, so far, very outgoing.

He asks very strange questions all the time that keep me on my toes. His latest was on the way to school on Friday. Out of the clear blue, he asks "What would happen if a giant baby sat on our car?" I was sure I hadn't heard him right. Jack stared at him for a sec, and then goes "A giant baby? That'd be YOU!" and cracked up laughing. Ryker laughed too, then paused, and then asked it again completely seriously.

He is convinced he saw a camel at Fort Snelling State Park yesterday.

He loves cookies and ice cream and pancakes and mac n cheese and Jimmy Johns (his birthday lunch). He loves baths and cleaning and playing with Lincoln Logs and watching movies and getting up at 4 in the morning. I approve of 4 out of 5 of those.

I'm completely mesmerized by how adorable he is - I could stare at him all day and be perfectly content.  I often do, actually. He has beautiful eyes and a sweet sweet face.

So happy birthday to my sweet guy. I love you lots.

2 comments:

steph said...

I love reading your blog! Such beautiful posts. Congrats to you and Ryker! :)

Jamie said...

Thanks Steph!