Friday, August 5, 2011

Wheels Have Come Off

I generally try to keep this blog from being too centered on my complaints about things. That's not why you three read it. =) You read it to keep tabs on my family and see cute pictures of the kids and hear funny quotes from them. Fine. I actually have a whole separate blog which I use as a dumping ground for the multitude of thoughts that come pouring out of me every day. I keep you guys away from that, and for that you should be exceedingly grateful.

HOWEVER, it's not all unicorns and rainbows and this week, in particular, has been more like cockroaches and thunderstorms. And I'm gonna vent now.

I already started down this path with the last post, about our A/C problems. We had a couple estimates come through and they are dollar amounts I just don't like to see. It's something we need to do, that's fine. But I don't have to like it. And it looks like it won't be able to be done for another week or two.

Also, my mom had a little scare. She is now the proud owner of a stent, and she didn't actually have a heart attack, so that was good. No damage that way. But it would have been nice to just not have her have to deal with that.

Then Jack went to the dentist this morning, for the first time. Don't call the authorities on me. He has 3 cavities and by some lapse in judgement I don't have him covered on my dental insurance. Awesome.

Work is crazy stressful too, so that isn't helping.

Make it all go away.

2 comments:

the fabulous Nikki B said...

Okay, so I never had any cavities in my baby teeth, but do you really have to do anything about them? I mean, they are gonna fall out anyways, right?

I had my teeth sealed when I was growing up which is when they just put some weird coating over them and it saved me from having any cavities until I was in my twenties!

Amy said...

Jamie I hope this week is better! So sorry to hear about your mom, and super glad that she is okay. Call me if you need me!