Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Note to Bullies

A word of warning to any bullies out there that might want to pick on Jack when he gets older:

He has a gigantic "little" brother who takes it extremely seriously if you do anything remotely threatening.

Jack likes to play this game with me where he says "you can NEVER kiss me!" and I have to chase him and grab him and hold him down until he says "Okay, you can ALWAYS kiss me!" Then I release him and the game starts all over again. It's his favorite.

I tried to play the game once with him tonight, in the hallway, and Ryker shrieked and wound up like he was going to hit me. I put Jack back down and made him explain to Ryk that he was just fine. He did, and Ryker seemed okay again. About 10 minutes later I took off chasing Jack, a sneak attack, which made Jack yell with excitement, and I grabbed him and held him down on the couch. Ryker came racing over, screaming at the top of his lungs. He raised both hands over his head and started beating me on the shoulder until I let go of Jack. Then he just stood there with a sad look on his face until I scooped him up and hugged him. He was SO sad. Jack kept saying "Ryker, it's okay. Mommy wasn't hurting me. Mommy would never hurt me."

That, of course, is the moment Chuck came out from our bedroom. I'm sure he was wondering why Jack was having to convince Ryker that I would never hurt him.

Anyway, take note, everyone. Don't lay a hand on Jack or Ryker will personally beat the crap out of you.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

This has also happened to me, even when giving Jack a stern talking to about whatever he was doing. Ryker does not appreciate that kind of tone when talking with Jackson and told me "Don't do that Daddy!"

Ryker is very, very protective over his brother. (Not sure why, Jack isn't always very nice to him.) Good luck future bullies.

Coolest people ever said...

That reminds me exactly of Buster when Kaya was about 3.5 or 4 and he was around 1. He suddenly got uber protective of her and anytime we used a stern tone with her, he would cry. He'd also sympathy cry whenever she was upset. So sweet.

Then he started doing this thing we called Mad Monkey ... I still have pictures! Whenever he thought we were being mean to Kaya or upsetting her in any way (usually playing like you guys were), he'd stiffen up his whole body, clench his fists, and make an angry monkey face. Mouth puckered and pushed out, eyebrows down low, eyes wide, fast breathing ... HILARIOUS.

Now if he thinks she's upset he laughs and/or makes fun of her. My how times change.