Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stickler

Jack and I were reading The Listening Walk the other night. If you haven't read it, it's a book about walking quietly and listening to the sounds outside. It's a fun book to read because you get to make all the noises - they spell them out for you really well so it's easy to do them right.

Anyway, the last page tells you to close the book and listen to the noises around you. So we did that. We sat quietly. Finally I whispered "I hear the air-conditioning." Jack goes "do you remember the part of the book where it says not to talk?"

Yikes. So I was quiet again.

Then he started giggling so I said "what did you hear?" and he goes "I heard you talking."

1 comment:

KellyM said...

LOL

I remember giving him that so maybe he'd learn its lesson - to be still enough to appreciate the noises around him - noises in nature. I guess he has learned it well! Atta boy, Jackson! Well done! Love you!