Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - A Year in Review

Every year for the last decade has seen major happenings:

1999 - Chuck graduated from Carleton
2000 - Chuck and I got engaged
2001 - I graduated from Carleton
2002 - We bought our first house and got married
2003 - Ummm....okay I can't remember a major event here
2004 - We embarked on our first (and last) adventure with a Great Dane puppy
2005 - Jack was born and Chuck forever ruined his knee
2006 - Chuck and I both changed jobs
2007 - We moved to our current house
2008 - Ryker was born

With that line-up said, 2009 seems pretty calm. The biggest thing for me has been finding help and beginning my recovering from panic disorder. Six months in and I'm making good strides. I have a long way to go, but am so grateful for having found the therapist I found. I expect that 2010 will be filled with milestones and achievements in this area for me.

I completed a full year in my new role at work, and Chuck found a new job. We all settled into our roles - Jack as big brother and somewhat self-sufficient boy; Chuck and me as parents of two very active boys; Ryker as the entertainment factor. We had to switch daycares, which was sad, but we feel lucky to have found the place we did and the boys seem to be thriving.

The year wasn't without its share of sadness. Chuck's side of the family lost two very special people, both before their time. Both passed within a month of each other, and the family grieved together. We miss Cameron and Wendy terribly.

On a lighter note, new loves were discovered. Jack began a love-affair with combing his hair and spelling, although not at the same time. He loved riding his bike, shoveling snow, and helping cook. Ryker fell in love with following Jackson around, playing with blocks, saying "NO!", socks and shoes, and bananas. Chuck and I became obsessed with the TV show Lost and with sitting around watching our boys be crazy. We also fell in love with our new neighbors.

So thanks to everyone for their love, friendship and support in 2009, and we're looking forward to a great 2010.

No comments: