Saturday, September 27, 2008

Party



3 posts about Jackson's 3rd birthday, 1 for each year he's been alive.

Here's a fun Jamie fact: I have an irrational fear of people not coming to children's birthday parties. Every year that we throw a party I have this image of no one coming and Jack being really sad. This never happened to me or anyone I know, so I'm not sure where the fear comes from. It's definitely there though.

But don't worry, lots of children (with their corresponding adults and various members of our family) all came. Jack was thrilled, and I was relieved. We had a great time - kids running all over our backyard and playground. It was great.

Pictures are up on Flickr (link on the right)...You can pretty much taste the icing by just looking at the pictures.

Thanks to all who came. You are slowly getting me over my fear of guestless birthday parties. By the time he's 18 I should be all cured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved watching Jack greet the first guests by crouching down and shrieking "It's my 'BIRFDAY'!" He was SO excited! Your house is a perfect setting for gatherings. So glad I was there!