Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Officer Jack

Jack tends to become obsessed with certain concepts. His newest one is justice. Okay, he's never heard that word before so I'm inferring here...

We were driving around yesterday after work and a man in a car almost hit me and then proceeded to honk like it was my fault (don't worry about the details). I am proud to report that no swear words came out of my mouth (this time) but I did grunt or something.

Anyway, Jack said "Momma, what that man doin'? Dat man honkin'?" and I said that he yes he was honking and that he was being dangerous. I thought that the big word would make Jack stop asking questions. Oops.

The rest of the ride was filled with the following questions:

"Momma, dat man dangous?"
"Why dat man dangous?"
"Dat man bad driver?"
"Momma, you bad driver?"
"Momma, you dangous?"
"Dat man turnin'? - NO dat man NO turnin'!"
"Where dat man goin'?"
"Momma, you careful? Dat man no careful."

I tried to divert the conversation by asking where he wanted to go (he usually answers "Mall of America") and his reply was: "Find dat man."

He asked Chuck if he was "dangous" when we got home and today in the car he asked to go find that man again. I said that I didn't know where that man was and he said "he hidin' at Mall of America."

How young do they hire Mall security guards?

No comments: