Sunday, January 8, 2012

Just Like Momma

Last night Jack and I were reading a book about Monster Trucks that he purchased at the school book fair. We hadn't read it yet, and at one point it talked about shock absorbers. He found them on the trucks, but didn't know what they were. I said "you know how you can be in shock when something happens?" and I made a shocked face. He said yes. I said that that same thing can happen physically to you. I asked if he ever jumped down from a high place and had his feet and legs feel funny.

"Yes!" he said. "Also when I use screechy markers."

Being afflicted with all kinds of weird sensation woes, I knew immediately what he meant.

"When I use screechy markers, it makes my whole body feel stingy and weird. I don't like using them."

I know, baby. Me either.

No comments: