Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Creative Baby

My term for Jack has always been "quizzical." Since the day he was born he's studied things carefully, wondered about things, worried about things, and worked at things. He has been taking all of that energy and putting it towards art projects recently. Every day he comes up with a new invention - a mail carrier box, a helmet that looks like Frankenstein (he calls it Iron Man, but I modified this post for our generation), construction-paper-grass for his walls, masks, a collage with a sun taped to it and a blue strip of paper coming out of it as a 3D representation of the sky. It's sort of mind-blowing to watch your little boy come up with stuff like this.

His newest one was yesterday. I came into his room when I got home and he stood there smiling at me, with bat ears made out of construction paper taped to his head. It was plain as day what he was trying to do.

"I wanted to look like Superman."

"Batman" I said.

"Yes, Batman." He beamed up at me.

"Well, you DO look like him."

He told me that he thought about it all day and came home and made the ears and was constructing a cape. He actually wore his whole outfit to the neighbor's house tonight.

My sweet, sweet, creative boy. I love him and his amazing brain.

1 comment:

KellyM said...

Ohhhhhh! I think I'm going to hug my computer just trying to send my hugs to him!!! 6 more days! Can't wait! LOVE YOU, JACKSON! ALWAYS SO PROUD OF YOU!
Grandmommy