Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Epiphanies

I don't know where Jack gets this stuff. But he has had a few epiphanies recently.

1) Daddy knows all the names of every single person who has ever sung a song. (He's probably right about that one.)

2) There's no hugging in baseball (said while watching the Vikings hug after their win - in football).

3) He doesn't like the poster of Olive Trees I brought home from the museum. He prefers his own art, which is "bery pwetty." And he won't draw humans except Dora, and no animals except octopuses.

4) We can play music very loudly in the car, but only if Ryker isn't in there.

5) If you do one thing wrong, you can't ever play with him ever again. Zero tolerance.

6) He's allowed to pick up Ryker by any means necessary - including by his ears.

Then I had one:

For the last few weeks Jack has been telling me about this thing/person/animal/noun-of-some-sort that he has some kind of interaction with at school. I couldn't really understand what he was saying, but more importantly, I couldn't understand the noun's name. I thought he was calling it Piper. He puts random w's in words all the time, so when he kept repeating "pwiper" I assumed it was Piper. This made him FURIOUS. I eventually got him to provide me with an important nugget of information - this noun is a character on Dora the Explorer. So I looked it up on Wikipedia. The noun's name is Swiper, and he's a fox that wears a mask and steals things. Go figure.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Did Wikipedia tell you that they can only get him to stop by yelling "Swiper! NO SWIPING!" ? We've watched Dora like twice, but that bit stuck with Siena. She still yells it sometimes.

Speaking of epiphanies, I finally figured out that Elliot plays with LEGOS at the Kids' Gym. Not FEGOS, as he was pronouncing it. Duh, right, but it took me a long time.

Coolest people ever said...

Swiper no swiping! Swiper no swiping!

I'm a map, I'm a map, I'm a MAP, I'm a map, I'm a map ...

And I thought the Teletubbies were weird ..

Amy said...

Gabe keeps asking about "bwhut heeds" which sounds to me like butt head - but only when we pass a fire truck or ambulance. Any guesses?